Recently I decided to rename some of my media collection with Filebot, which is great tool for batch renaming media content. I also use CrashPlan on my main file server that backs up my data to the CrashPlan cloud (CrashPlan Central). An interesting issue occurred recently where CrashPlan started getting stuck in a weird cycle and keep disconnecting from the backup destination regularly after the renaming of some files was performed. I was slightly puzzled by this as a rename of files shouldn’t cause any issues, thanks to CrashPlan’s data deduplication processes, CrashPlan will only send the changed data blocks to the cloud rather than the whole file. After some troubleshooting I found the root cause and its all to do with metadata!